Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
Catholic Charities respects the contribution of volunteers at the same level as professional staff. Both are required to have appropriate clearances before interacting with clients. Before placement, your signature will be requested to give us permission to obtain a CORI (criminal records) clearance. For volunteers who are under age 17, a letter of recommendation from the school will also be required.
If you would like further information about these volunteer opportunities, please contact the person specified under each listing or call Ann Schwartz at the Central Volunteer Office at (617) 451-7986.
- FOOD PANTRY ASSISTANTS
- El Centro Del Cardenal’s Food Pantry, located in the South End, needs Spanish-speaking volunteers who are available on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. On Wednesdays, volunteers are needed to help pick up food between 9:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Contact: Jacqueline Cotto, 617-542-9292.
- INITIAL RESPONSE ASSISTANTS
- El Centro del Cardenal, located in the South End of Boston, needs Spanish-speaking volunteers to help with the Initial Response program. This program provides emergency assistance, referrals and a food pantry to Latino families. Contact: Jacqueline Cotto, 617-542-9292.
- Volunteers needed for home repairs, painting, donation organization anytime, Monday-Friday. Contact: Moises Hernandez, 617-542-9292.
- SPANISH-SPEAKING VOLUNTEERS
- El Centro del Cardenal is a multi-service community agency providing educational and social support to youth and adults in the Greater Boston area. El Centro del Cardenal seeks volunteers to help with the Alternative High School and the Adult Education Program. The Center also has a need for bilingual social workers willing to offer some volunteer time. The Parenting Program can use the help of understanding, caring adults as well. El Centro del Cardenal is located in the South End of Boston. Contact: Bernise Ayala, 617-542-9292.
- TUTORS (SOUTH END)
- El Centro del Cardenal, located in the South End of Boston, is in need of adult volunteer tutors. Tutoring can be done in English or Spanish, and classes are held mornings and evenings. Flexible hours are available. Contact: Magdalana Reis, 617-542-9292.